Organic fertilizers are substances that are made up of waste of animal, plant or mixed origin that are applied to the soil in order to improve its physical, biological and chemical characteristics. These may consist of crop residues left in the field after harvest, organic residues from the agricultural holding, organic residues from the processing of agricultural products or household waste. Organic fertilizers have special properties, which exert certain effects on the soil, which increase its fertility, this type of fertilizer not only provides the soil with nutritious materials, but also favorably influence the structure of the soil.
- Organic fertilizer, due to its dark color, absorbs more solar radiation, so that the soil acquires more temperature and can be absorbed with. They give life to the soil, increase the percentage of organic matter.
- Increase the amount and variety of soil microbiology.
- They improve the economy of water, due to the sponge effect.
- They promote the mass of roots and therefore the size and development of the plant.
- They improve the physical, chemical and biological properties of the soil.
- Improve CIC Cation Exchange Capacity.
- They are not toxic or contaminating.
- They promote better crop health, mainly of diseases.
- Use of chemical fertilizers decreased by 20 – 25%.
- They produce PGPR (plant growth promoters) such as auxins, gibberellins, cytokinins, as well as vitamins, enzymes and antibiotics.
- They contribute to the bioremediation of polluted, salinised, degraded or oil spill-affected or post-mining soils.
- Increase the dry matter of fruits and crops.
- Improve the organoleptic properties of fruits, vegetables and aromatics in terms of smell, color, taste and brix degrees.
- Contribute to the national and efficient use of organic waste both in the cities , RSU, and on farms.
- They are the basis of organic farming.
- They contribute to family farming , urban, green rooftops and rooftops.
- They put their grain of sand, to the development of the country.
- Its periodic application improves and recovers soils in the short-medium term.
These fertilizers guarantee us a better development of our crops since the soil will recover its life and fertility, will be less contaminated than chemical fertilisers which are manufactured by industries and which may be harmful to the health of farmers and final consumers of the products.
The most important of their use in the land is because organic fertilizers are a source of bacterial life, and these are responsible for nourishing plants. We know that the soil cannot produce food on its own, so that organic fertilizer becomes a source of life, since they have millions of microorganisms that transform minerals into edible elements for plants.